Sunday, December 7, 2008

Operation 23: Day 6

Typically, I schedule my hair appts pretty early. Thankfully, I didn't do that this time, so I got to sleep in a little. And yeah, I think I slept about 14 hours total. Clearly all this holiday partying doesn't agree with my circadian rhythm.

After my haircut, I treated myself to a donut from this awesome family-owned bakery. After all, I earned it. . .with my not making it to the gym and eating appetizers for dinner for 3 days straight.

Needed to meet up with another friend who was visiting, but also needed to return a library book. There were 2 buses I could catch and I saw one of them as I'm just around the corner from the library. I'm like "Ok, if I walk/run, I can just put it in the book drop and catch the bus." Well, after trying to run and going "Don't fall, Don't fall, Don't fall" in my head due to the snow/ice mixture on the sidewalk, I realize there's no book drop. So, I wait at the counter behind these two elderly Polish women who don't really know what they want to do. I'm getting increasingly impatient, as I know I've already missed the bus. Finally, I give the guy my book and get out. Check ctabustracker.com and realize that another one of the bus I saw isn't coming for 12 minutes. And it's like -23 degrees (ok, maybe like 19 degrees, but it felt like an arctic freeze). So, I turned the other way to see if the other bus was there. . .and it was, but across the street. BUT, the light was red, so I walk/ran, doing my "Don't fall" chanting and caught it!

Went to Argo Tea with Jean, Meesh, and Justin and we caught up for a couple hours (enough for 2 samples of quiche. . .), then Jean, Meesh, and I headed to Best Buy to get Burn Notice DVDs (they're obsessed with the lead actor, and Jean came into town to see him in a play here), and I got Season 4 of the Office. We hung out and watched 3-4 eps of Burn Notice (which I had never seen, but it's pretty good), and ordered in Thai food.

Side note: Instead of Crab Rangoon, they called them Crispy Crab Cream Triangles. Mmm. . .nothing sounds better than "Crab Cream". ew.

We went over to Dunlay Arms and met up with Becky, Steff and Putter. I had woken up with a wicked sore throat that was turning into some weird drainage sitch, so I headed out around 11:30 to try to get some sleep.

So yeah, busy busy! Very good to see Miss Jean though. We're already planning a trip to Disney World/Universal. There IS a great big beautiful tomorrow.

No comments: