Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Operation 23: Day 17

I've been asked why I didn't do the obligitory "OMFG. There was a blizzard. It took SO long to get home last night!". Well, I can see the traffic from my office, so I knew I should take the train. Commute was a breeze!

Another crazy workload day. . .meeting all morning and catching up all afternoon. Escaped at lunch to do some Xmas shopping and stumbled upon the Gap's $10 scarves/hats/gloves sale. Bought 3 scarves just for me. . .and hats for the boys in my life. Called those closest to me from the Gap to see what they wanted and my mom mentioned that my brother needed a hat. So, since he's super picky, I called him to see what stipulations he had. Convo went something like this:

Me: Ian! They have $10 hats/scarves/gloves at the Gap! Mom said you need a hat, what kind do you want?
Ian: Well, the kind I lost was a driver's cap but -
Me: Did I mention that I'm at the Gap? What kind of knit winter hat do you want? Stripes? No stripes? Any specific manly dark color?
Ian: Oh. Uh, gray is fine. I guess anything without a cartoon character will do.

But, my afternoon came to a screeching halt when I found out that the Cowardly Lion found his very own Dorothy (well. . .if the Cowardly Lion and Dorothy ever hooked up. . .which might appear in the sequel to Wicked. . .who knows). Anyway, Drew Peterson is engaged again. . .to a 23 year-old. All I could think of are those creepy guys who go "I keep getting older and they stay the same age! heh heh." I don't know her name, because I call her Death Wish. Hopefully this one will stay alive. . .but I don't have high hopes.

Also, found this little gem online. Apparently LG doesn't know what a washer and dryer are (ok, dirty little secret. . .sometimes I like to look at appliances online. shutup.). You click on it and it shows you refrigerators. It's like being the first girl to fall asleep at the slumber party all over again. . .

ooh! My washer/dryer has an ice maker!

No comments: