Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Power of Positive Facebooking

A few days ago, a girl I went to lower and middle school with posted some pics from K-5th grade (including our 5th grade class photo with my Sally Jesse Raphael glasses and super hairsprayed, immovable hair). Anyway, what ensued was a barrage of comments from a bunch of us who probably wouldn't have talked to each other at the time.

Why is it that Facebook is less awkard than reunions or high school itself? I add people who I really didn't like at the time, and I'm fairly certain didn't like me, but when they pop up in that "People you may know" section, I can't help myself. All of a sudden, they're a long lost friend who I'm excited to get back in touch with. Except I don't message them, write on their wall, or even acknowledge that we've confirmed our friendship. So clearly, bffs forever.

I must admit though, it's kinda cool seeing all these people who were good friends, worst enemies, or just sort of pretended like the other didn't exist participating in a dialogue about how one guy is really well dressed for a 10 year-old or another one looks like he has long hair.

Hopefully we don't run through the typical reunion conversation before the actual event. Then it will be super awkward.

No comments: