Sunday, September 14, 2008

90210 - New Show Review!

Show: 90210
Network: CW
Day/Time: Tuesday, 7pm (CST)
Type: Dramaaaaa
Episode Watched: Episode 2: “Lucky Strike”
Setting: Beverly Hills. . .duh!

Ok, so confession. . .never actually watched the original 90210. I've never in my life watched a full episode of the show. That said, has Jennie Garth's voice always been so mousey? I always wanted her to win the Garth/Doherty Deathmatch, but that voice is kind of annoying.

Anyway, due to my DVR being fully uncoorperative, I missed the pilot and had to watch the 2nd episode, so I missed a bunch of the exposition. I did, however, get to see a full 5-10 minutes of people asking each other out. Teachers, students, etc. Was that anybody else's high school experience, because it certainly wasn't mine!

The only really compelling part of the show was a girl named Silver who mysteriously wants to stay at a women's shelter. She's also Jennie Garth's character's (note: need to look up the name) little sister. Apparently she has a mom who drinks (old-school fans, was Kelly's mom like that? And yeah, I'm speedy with the name lookup) and she can't go home, so she spends the ep trying to find people to stay with without telling them what's going on.

Also. . .I can't tell the adults from the teenagers. I mean, not in an Ian Ziering way, but the teenagers and adults all look really similar.

Best scene: Annie and some guy talking about his audition for The Hills. Hahaha.
You’ll like this if you watch: Gossip Girl
Underpants shot: No
Product placement: Lucky Strike lanes, T-Mobile
Added to schedule?: No
Oh my gosh! Isn't that: Aunt Becky from Full House?


yes. yes it is.

No comments: