Saturday, September 6, 2008

I believe I can flug

Today, Chicago witnessed a phenomenon. Red Bull Flugtag. Hoards of people filled North Ave beach. Seriously! People were hanging in trees watching people fling these flying contraptions off of a ramp. Most fell right over, but one actually got some good distance! I was shocked at the widespread appeal of this thing, esp since most of us had to watch it on screens. Anyway, for those of you who don't know, basically people build these things and have to figure out how to get them to fly. Oh, and there are skits pre-flight, most of which involved middle-aged men revealing their speedos. ewwww. Anyway, it's good fun. Getting out of the event: not good fun. Highlight: 5 guys dressed like Mike Ditka with a pic of him on the tail of their plane. I don't remember that many people being excited about my egg drop in physics class.



me - making some last minute changes to the egg drop contraption in physics class. we lost.

In weird news, after a kind of frustrating improv class, I medicated with food at McDonalds (I had a bowl of cereal and half a sandwich today. . .I felt like I could justify a yummy Happy Meal, so lay off!). Anyway, I'm in line behind a guy complaining that an employee peed on the seat and didn't flush (side note: since when is this unusual? I'm always seeing the remnants of not-so-skilled squatters). A fired-up somewhat toothless guy was right on it and yelled to the manager that the guy did what he should have and washed his hands. Well. That was the end. Just kidding! It so wasn't! It got more heated, Mr. Toothless called the other guy the N-word and half American because he spoke with an accent. The rest transpired like so:

Guy 1: "Why would I lie, I work for the government!" (shows ID)
Toothless: "You flash that badge at me? You flash that badge at me! I hit cops too!"
Guy 1: "Anyway, there was pee on the seat"
Toothless: "I just got out of penitentiary. You don't scare me! Vicki, your employee didn't do nothing wrong!"
Vicki: "Ok, yeah. Thanks"
Toothless: "I'll hit you! Showing me that badge. I'll hit you."
Vicki: "Can I help you?"
Me: "Hamburger Happy Meal please."

Oooh! A commercial my agency did is on. fun fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Why did that douche next to you build a penis with tail feathers as his egg drop?

swede said...

I'll have you know that I won my egg drop competition in junior high.