Sunday, January 4, 2009

As Seen on TV

Welcome back blog readers! Or rather. . .me. But it's weird to welcome yourself back to your own blog. Took the holidays off from blogging, and instead watched boatloads of tv. What I found is that it's amazing how we all have functioned without some amazing, time-saving products.

First, using blankets is hard. I mean, lie down to watch TV and you might as well be in a straight jacket, right? And then there's the sliding. oof! Well, aren't you lucky there's a Snuggie? It's a blanket with arms! What's more? You can also pretend you're a monk. Order now and you'll get a free booklight. Which is weird, because theoretically, the Snuggie should give your arms the freedom to reach a lamp. Oh well!



"Ok sweetheart, time to transcribe the Bible and give up our worldly possessions!"

To see the actual commercial, go to: https://www.getsnuggie.com/flare/next?videoID=ai195&bufferTime=5

You know what else sucks? When your hangers don't fit in your closet? Ugh, it gets so crowded and then you can't add more. Well, thank goodness for Wonder Hanger. You can hang up 5 (!) items at once and then collapse the hanger so it fits. Wait? What's that? If I order now I'll get a Bend-a-Hanger, so my clothes don't fall off the hanger? And a stick-up light? Wow! I'll have the most tricked out closet in Chicago! And you'll double my order? Think of all the Snuggies I can hang up in there. . .


Enough room for a party! And who has hat boxes anymore?

Oh, how did we ever put on jewelry before? Us women with our lack of flexible arms and long nails? Luckily the folks at Clever Clasp thought all about us. They're magnetic and lock? Awesome! Wow, I can get 4 gold ones and they'll throw in 4 silver ones AND jewelry extenders in each color for when my neck gets fat from laying around in my Snuggie all day.


Aired during the Price is Right "Stuff Old People Can Use" commercial block.


So as you can see, it's amazing the human race has managed to continue to survive without the aid of these terrific products. And if anybody can remember the name of the one that blocks drafts from doors. . .that should be in here too.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Clearly the best part of any of these commercials is the formulaic black-and-white clip of someone not using the product in the days of old and just having the hardest time. The woman disgustedly taking her arms out of the blanket to get the phone... The overstuffed closet... The woman reaching and grasping at her clasp... I think every commercial actor would love to portray the 'before' scene during their careers.

And how has ShamWow not made it into this post? (You know the Germans always make good stuff.)

Joe Sheehan said...

dont hate Ralph, the Shamwow totally rocks and you know it.

Unknown said...

How can you not mention the Slider City Burgers or whatever they are called? No more flipping and flopping, mushing and mashing. You can even triple stack them or top them with relish, onions, ketchup or mustard!! I had no idea that making burgers was so difficult until I saw that there was a device to make it easier.

swede said...

Gordon said he will buy me a Snuggie(TM) because my office gets cold.