Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tuesday: The New "Me" Day

I've long hated Tuesday. It's not Monday where you're annoyed, but refreshed. And it's nowhere near a weekend. . .and it rhymes with "boo"sday. So this year, I've decided to make it my "me" day. Yes, it helps that Biggest Loser is on (that Joelle! What a nut!), but it's an evening that's all about R&R in 2009. The plan is to try to get out of work as close to 5 as possible, hurry home to throw in laundry, make dinner and catch up on DVRed stuff. Start Biggest Loser a little late to skip all the "coming up" footage and the commercials and bake something. Oh, and folding laundry. There's nothing better than having a hot heap of freshly washed clothes surrounding you when there are sub-zero temps outside.

I love to bake and barely did any of it last year, so there will definitely be more baking in 2009. Shameless plug: Need goodies for a party? I'm definitely willing to be paid for my wares (for just the cost of ingredients and minimal labor). Today I made swag bars, which basically taste like nutter butter filling and have chocolate drizzled on top. They're only 155 calories each! Definitely a filling snack. My coworkers will be enjoying them tomorrow.

Anyway, I say, when the economy is crap, the weather is crap, and work is crap, you might as well take some time to yourself to enjoy the little things.


"Where's Anna Platypus?
She's one hot chick."


"Why don't meow ever look at
me that way? meow meow?"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tuesday needs to be "Go to the Hidden Shamrock and Dominate Trivia" Day. Wendy and I have had to fill-in as the group pencil-wielder and it is not pretty. We've won back-to-back weeks now.

And we almost didn't get it b/c of a simple geography question!
Q: Which body of water touches ON, MN, WI, and MI?
A: We were stuck between Superior and Huron. If you were there, it woulda been a snap. We got it right, which is good, b/c we won by 1 pt.

trellame said...

I will eat your wares.