Monday, February 2, 2009

Facebooker

I should have been asleep 48 minutes ago. . .yet Facebook keeps drawing me in. Damn you!

I heard a blurb on the radio about how the "ideal" number of Facebook friends is 302. So, you're a loser with 301, and an over-achiever with 303? I have about 702. . .I think, and I honestly know every single one (except Margaret Cho, but a friend suggested I be friends with her, and who am I to turn that down? I watched All-American Girl in the 90s!). People ask me how I could possibly know that many people. I've been accused of being some sort of friend-hoarder, friend whore, etc.

Here is the truth. It's not because I'm super popular or likeable. In fact, I'm pretty sure that a good nunber of my Facebook friends don't particularly like me (I'm looking at you, people who barely spoke to me in high school. . .). It's that I had something in common with them at one point. Example:

110 in my high school graduating class
100 RAs each year I was on a staff (2 years)
50 people on my freshman floor
50 residents from senior year
30ish residents from junior year
probably around 30 coworkers on FB
around 30-50 people I've met through improv or writing class

I'm already at 600 without even trying. I've also been on Facebook for like 6 years. . .when it was only certain colleges and you could put in your dorm and class info. It's easy to accumulate people over that period of time.

I have to say that I like knowing what people are up to. And not in that creepy way. Just kinda knowing that everybody who's been in my sphere at one point or another is doing well and going through the same things all of are is comforting.

Speaking of comforting, time for some lavendar pillow spray and some shut eye.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

hahaha. lavender pillow spray. my mom got that for me at christmas. it's awesome.