Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cool Sesame Street sketches

First of all, I want to thank Melissa for this inspiration. She recently posted a sketch from Sesame Street, and it sparked all kinds of conversation. My comedy writing teacher who wrote for SNL and Sesame Street said that Sesame Street is funnier, hands down. They have to simultaneously educate kids, entertain kids, and entertain their parents, all while staying positive and not offending anyone. . .ever. So with that - the top Sesame Street sketches I remember from my childhood. . .and loved:

1) Eeeeeeklahoma
Kermit is directing a remake of Oklahoma and Forgetful Jones can't remember how to say the title! I really liked the cows. . .



2) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 (doo doo doo dood doo)



3) U Really Got a Hold on Me
Smokey Robinson is featured in this one. Scared the CRAP out of me as a kid.



4) New Way to Walk by the "Oinker Sisters"
I still sing this when I'm walking across the street. And those pigs were totally rad back in the day.



5) The Batty Bat
I think I liked this one a lot because my mom would laugh hysterically at it, and I'd dance on my tippy toes to make her laugh harder



6) Over Under and Through
It was just on all the time. . .



7) Teeny Little Super Guy



8) And of course: Rubber Duckie!



This post brought to you by the letter M and the number 8

No comments: