Monday, December 14, 2009

T-. . .i forget

After posting last time that I have not heard Feliz Navidad nearly enough, I heard it! For some reason, that song makes my brother and me inexplicably happy. As kids, when it would come on, one of us would scream for the other and then we'd sing the english parts using our best Elvis/Cher impression (side note: have you ever noticed how similar their voices are?), and try to figure out exactly where the "haHA!" comes in.

I've missed about a week of posts, so in a nutshell, here are the holiday activities during that time:
-Account Team holiday party - Iron Chef. We had to face off in pairs to create a course. I got dessert, which is right up my alley. Unfortunately, I decided to make pastry from scratch (I don't so much like to lose things. . .), and that involved a lot of work the night before, including trips to three different grocery stores to find Wondra Flour. FAIL. But I ended up beating my coworker who dislocated his shoulder the night before so. . .win?

-Becky's Bday Party! Headed to Southport Lanes to see college friends who I haven't seen in WAY too long. Southport Lanes has actual pin-setters who liked to mess with me and lift up the one pin I was gonna knock over (I swear I was better at bowling at one point in my life. . .).

-Rehearsals My improv/sketch group is trying to put up a new sketch show, revamp an old one, and prep for an improv competition, which means that from now until Feb, most of my extra time will be spent rehearsing, putting together schedules, writing stuff, etc. It's a good thing I love my group and spending time with them, otherwise it would be brutal! As of now, I'm slated to choreograph a dance for two of the boys, which is making me way too happy.

And remember - you can never have too much Jose Feliciano.

No comments: