Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gonna find out who's naughy or nice (T-20 days)

Today's event: Client holiday party

Today started out bright and early (4:30am!) with me waking up to finish documenting my hours for the month. Argh. Luckily, I was done by 6am and promptly jumped back into bed to get some more sleep. I had a 10am meeting up north, which means I get to get up about a half hour later than normal. . .MUCH needed!

Also, as a result, I was home to see Meredith Baxter come out on the Today Show. Honestly, I love celeb gossip and stuff as much as the next girl, but why is that news? What's especially sad is that she felt like she had to announce it because a tabloid was going to out her. Again, I'm a huge Family Ties fan, but I can't imagine that if that was the cover story on Star or US Weekly or whatever that it would fly off the shelves (and I am doubly the target audience). Good for her for realizing what makes her happy, and owning the story, as they say.

Onto today's event! We had a client holiday party at R Bar (or Arrrr Barrrr, as we were calling it at work). The drive featured Lady Gaga and the event had some yummy sliders, lots of club soda, and grifters at the bar asking Mananya and me about the event. The joke about this holiday party is that every year, it always snows on whatever day we have it. Today was supposed to be our first snow of the year, but instead it rained. Bullet=dodged.


Sha na na na.



1 comment:

trellame said...

Was Lady Gaga AT the party? I'm confused...