Thursday, December 3, 2009

Jack Frost nipping at your nose (T-19 days)

Today's event: Making up my Second City class

The lovely thing about a client party the night before is that when you walk into work, everyone is pretty low key. Had to make up for the work I missed by leaving at 4:30 yesterday, so the morning was a whirlwind. I decided to celebrate by going to Nordstrom to buy boots.

Ok, so my calves. Let's talk about them. First, one is a half inch larger around than the other. 2) they're huge. I grew up playing landsports, so they are muscular and do not fit in boots. The chick at Nordstrom asked me what I wanted, only listened to one of the boots I asked for before she turned around. Luckily, I caught her attention again to ask her for the other two boots I wanted to try (since she was in no hurry to get the first pair I requested). Then she dumped them and said she'd be back. After spending a good 10-15 minutes trying to cram my calves into boots and no sign of the boot lady, I left them there an went back to work. At least I don't have cankles. Thank goodness for small blessings.

After work, I headed to SC, afraid to get there too early and awkwardly sit in the lobby with nothing to read. Luckily, I ran into Sam at Starbucks, and then Patrick, and then Melissa (a blog reader and awesome friend!), so I had people to talk to. After the awkwardness of class with a bunch of people I don't know (and some I do), who were weirded out that so many of us crashed their class, I ran into Jessie (also in my SC class, but was actually there to see a show).

As usual, it's midnight, and I'm not in bed, so I should get on that. Who's happy it's Friday tomorrow (technically today?) I know I am!!

No comments: