Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day!

My polling place is in my building, which is really convenient. Every time I've voted, I haven't had to wait. Pretty awesome. Anyway, I got up at 6:30, threw on my workout pants and a hoodie, grabbed my wallet and keys and went downstairs. What I found was a line snaking through my elevator lobby, reception lobby, past the doorman. . .and this isn't even a swing state! I gladly waited, with my unbrushed hair (and teeth. . .eww), my t-shirt from elementary school and hoodie that doesn't match. I watched people fight with the election staff, fret over the line, and walk past the line looking at us like we're nuts for waiting that long.

I have to say though, watching Obama take Pennsylvania, seeing Elizabeth Dole lose. . .and who knows what's to come was worth it. I love feeling like I was a part of what's going on. I'm trying to find a map of Ohio to see how my county (or former county) is going! Stay tuned. . .

No comments: