Sunday, October 5, 2008

Knight Rider - New Show Review

Show: Knight Rider
Network: NBC
Day/Time: Wednesday, 7:00pm (CST)
Type: Draaaaammaaaa!
Episode Watched: A Knight in Shining Armor
Setting: Classified.

This show has been on my DVR for about 2 weeks. . .that should tell you how pumped I was to watch it. hmm. As with 90210, I never watched the original. I can't speak to the awesomeness of The Hoff, or how super cool Mr. Feeney was as the voice of Kitt. I can tell you how atrocious the acting is on this show. Painfully bad (but bad enough to watch and laugh at). Although, to their credit, the writers are making them say things like "I have advanced degrees in several types of advanced physics" "Yeah, well I speak 9 languages." (ass flash). Hard to be convincing.

The show opens with lots of running. I needed a Gatorade before the opening credits. Then, they had this really cool car commercial for a sportscar that seems to turn-on-a-dime, and has cool lighting features. . .oh wait. It's the opening credits. My bad. NBC employs the Fringe strategy of telling me know exactly how long the commercial break is. Even with DVR, I'm a fan. Speaking of commerical breaks, I've also noticed that they have a cliffhanger before almost all of them. Apparently the producers don't trust people to stay tuned at all.

So yeah, overall. . .it was ok. Mostly because of the car.

Best scene: When they’re told that they would be boiled alive in their own bodily fluid. Soup’s on!
Oh my gosh! Isn't that: Nobody. . .tear.
You’ll like this if you miss: The original Knight Rider? Maybe?
Underpants shot: Yep! 13 minutes in.
Product placement: Whatever kind of car that is.
Added to schedule?: Nope.

Also, update! We have our first casualty of the Fall season. Do Not Disturb will not be. . .er. . .disturbed. It was cancelled after 3 episodes. And the producers apologized for being "the “proprietors of such bad television." Ouch. They're replacing it with reruns of 'Til Death. Double ouch.


R.I.P.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MORE "Til' Death"? Win-win.