Tuesday, March 17, 2009

How YOU doin?

A comment on my blog made me realize that I need to post!

So many things going on. . .

1) I'm moving! exciting! Just within Chicago, but I forgot how fun (ha ha!!) the apt search can be.

2) Have a show coming up - 8 weeks starting at the end of April at iO 7pm on Sundays. Mark your calendars now!

Ok, that aside, can we talk about how gross St. Patrick's day food is? I'll eat corned beef once a year. once. Cabbage=farts. It smells like farts AND causes them (not in me of course, because I'm a lady). Boiled potatoes (SO many better things you can do with potatoes). BUT the best thing ever is Irish Soda Bread. yummy!

Speaking of food I'd rather not eat - I went to the Bin 36 Movies in the Loft event on Sunday (with mom. . .aww!) and they were showing Best in Show. They didn't release the menu ahead of time, which made me suspicious. There aren't many proteins I don't like (I'll even eat snails!), but of course, they manage to serve the one I don't like at all: lamb. blech. I just gagged a little bit typing that. There was an option to get the vegetarian meal. . .which featured cabbage (see: paragraph before), so I figured I would just choke down the lamb. Surprise! The lamb stew was good!! So. . .lesson learned. . .sometimes things you don't like can surprise you.

Except cabbage. There's nothing surprising about cabbage.

No comments: