Sunday, July 13, 2008

I'm not Web savvy

So, despite having a Blogger blog in college (eons ago. . .), I apparently have forgotten how this thing works. I just picked a template by accident, so. . .hope it's pretty folks! If not, apparently I can change it. Fun!

Most of the weird things that happen to me on any given day occur on the CTA (I'm in Chicago). Mostly, because aside from work, that's where I interact with other people the most. I was riding home at about 7:30 on Friday on an unusually crowded bus, down an unusually congested Lake Shore Drive, when I see a woman grabbing the pole with a paper towel! Seriously? Lady, newsflash: if you're on the bus, some part of you will touch germs at some point. It's good for your immune system. Maybe she has a health condition where she needs to be especially careful about germs. Maybe. There was also the guy next to me who assumed that I knew all info about everything that was going on in Chicago that day. "Did the Cubs play today? Did they win? Why is the road slow? Is there an accident?" Um. . .I don't know. I'm sitting next to you. Do you see an accident? The highlight was this maybe 9 or 10 year old kid on the other side of me going "This bus is slow!" I responded "You're not kidding!" He was the cooler of the two people I was sitting next to.

Also, reality show kudos of the week go to Jerry from Big Brother. Way to try to get the annoying people out of the house first. Hopefully nobody will dick you over in the weeks to come (even though we all know they will).

Since this is the first one, I'll say that I love when people leave comments. So, I'll set up little polls to keep things interesting.

Poll - What is your favorite reality (competition) show? and. . .go!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

FIRST

and... I was going to say American Idol, but this season was sooo disappointing. So, I'll say Survivor.

Unknown said...

A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila, of course.

Unknown said...

So I was reading the AOL homepage...

Unknown said...

I think your blog should be just the one post about not being web savvy and then endless site design changes. Love what you've done with the place, mo-dub.