Wednesday, February 17, 2010

P1X (again) and Lent

It's Lent already? Didn't we just ignore Valentine's Day? I feel so unprepared.

So, despite not being a practicing Catholic , I do observe Lent (shit! I just realized I ate meat today. . .clearly off to a great start). I've always treated it as my own personal dare. ("Hey Maureen! Bet you can't make it 40 days without drinking!" "Shutup! Yes I can!"). In the past few years, I've tried adding something to my routine as well as taking something away. So this year, I will be doing P90X (or at least the first 40 days of it) and cutting processed sugar and processed flour. Let me be clear, I do NOT include alcohol in that grouping. Just so we're clear.

So today, I finished my leftovers that I brought to work a week ago (hmm. . .hope those were ok to eat. . .) made an omelette for dinner (with Canadian bacon in it. . .whoops!). Popped in my Core Synergistics DVD and went to town. Oh, except my body had no energy.

I'll be honest, I've started P90X about 4 different times. . .most recently a month or so ago until I had to stop b/c I got sick. I always feel like I can conquer the world on Day 1. Not this time. My muscles were shakey, I was getting lightheaded. BUT, I finished it, and that's half the battle, right? (and don't worry, I'm eating some popcorn right now to get some carbs into my system)

Anyway, I'm gonna blog this journey. I'll try to keep it short and not super mundane. Btw, when you're at Walgreens on Feb 15th and think "Sweet! Heart shaped York Peppermint Patties are half off!" don't forget that Lent is 2 days away. Those will last in my desk until Easter, I suppose. Tempting me every damn day.

No comments: