Thursday, February 18, 2010

P2X and groceries

So, no food in my house that I could bring for lunch, which meant that I needed to go buy something. Jimmy Johns? Nope. Cosi? Bread is too tempting. Salad place in Illinois Center? ding ding ding! Sounded great until I realized that most dressings have sugar in them. . .esp low fat ones. So, my apples and strawberries were doused in red wine vinegar and olive oil. yum?

To fix this problem, I went to the grocery store, where I realized that most of what I like to eat has sugar and flour in it. Esp my Lenten staple of Friday spaghetti night. So, I bought a sweet potato, a bunch of boxes of triscuits (on sale and within bounds!), some soy bacon bits and reduced fat sour cream and had baked potato night. yay!

That would give me the energy I needed to go into Day 2 (Cardio!) with ease. Yeah, except somebody didn't wait long enough after eating and was about to yarf all over Tony, Jason, Dom, and Vanessa. Oh well, I got through it! And it was a lot easier than yesterday and seemed to fly by. Ironically Tony's tip of the day was "make sure you eat enough". No worries there, T-Horts.

No comments: